Amazing No-Squeeze Lemonade Recipe That Will Fight Cancer August 19, 2015 07:52
With a few weeks left to go in Summer, finishing it off with a delicious homemade lemonade can be a nice topping to this season.
Traditionally lemonade is made by squeezing out the juices, and discarding most of the fibrous elements, including the lemon peel. But studies have shown that the lemon peels contains vitamins, minerals and enzymes that help control cholesterol, acne and heart issues. Most importantly the peel contains both Limonene and Salvestrol Q40 which are essential nutrients in fighting cancer.
Now the question is how to include the lemon peel into our daily diet? The no squeeze lemonade is not only easier to make, but utilizes the lemon peel to its full potential. So now you can quench your thirst, and improve your overall health with little to no effort.
- Mesh Strainer
- 4 lemons
- 4 cups of cold water
- 3/4 cups of honey
- 3 fresh basil leaves
- Slice the lemons into quarter pieces, and take out the seeds. Do not remove the lemon peels.
- Place the lemon quarters, water, and basil into a blender
- Once everything is fully mixed, pour it into a bowl using a mesh strainer.
- Taste to see if the mixture is too tart. If so place it back into the blender and add a bit more water a honey.
- Repeat these steps until the lemonade is to your liking.
Credit to the recipe goes to Daisy, who runs a popular lifestyle blog simplicityrelished.com. The theme of the blog is about living a simple, minimalistic lifestyle that is full of adventures with no regrets. She is married to a wonderful man, and works full time as a private educator. Check out her blog for more inspiration and fun stories.