Get Cultured, Thirst Quenching Hwachae (Korean Punch) Recipe August 12, 2015 08:19 2 Comments
Hwachae, or more accurately Subak Hwachae, is a traditional Korean fruit punch that is typically made during the hot summer months. When making Hwachae a base of water mixed with honey is poured over a blend of watermelon, various fruits and ice. Today the honey water base is replaced with a carbonated drink such as ginger ale. This is a drink that will definitely impress your friends and family.
1 Liter Pitcher
2 cups of Milk
2 cups of Sprite
- Use the melon baller to scoop out about 4 to 5 pieces of watermelon into the mason jar.
- Pour 2 cups of milk and 2 cups of sprite into a 1 liter pitcher
- Add a spoonful of pure honey into the pitcher, and mix everything thoroughly
- Add a few cubes of ice into the mason jar
- Pour the drink base into the mason jar and enjoy!
If you want to get creative with the flavor, you can substitute the watermelon with other fruits of your choice.
Hwachae is very simple to make, and it is brought to you by H-Mart. H-Mart is a Korean Super Market that originated from New York, and now has locations across the United States. Check out their video tutorial.