Many dishes from various countries use poached egg as a key ingredient, but for those that do not have culinary expertise may find it difficult to make. To simply put it, a poached egg is basically an egg that has a solidified white part while the yolk is runny.
Historically poached eggs were made by cracking an egg into a bowl, then gently sliding it into a pot of boiling water. If the egg is older than a day then the egg white may start to disperse and voilà a destroyed poached egg.
Of course the proper way to go about making the perfect poached egg would be to practice day a night until you get it right. But because of advances in modern cooking technology, we can now skip the hours of practice and make the perfect poached egg in minutes with no experience necessary.
water for boiling
1. Grab a mug and place it on the table
2. Place saran wrap over the cup
3. Apply olive oil at on the saran wrap and spread it around
4. Crack an egg on the saran wrap
5. Create a little bag with the egg and twist off the top.
6. Place the egg in a pot of simmering water and leave it for about 3 to 4 minutes.
7. Cut the bag open and place your delicious poached egg on top of your favorite dish.
With over 1 million subscribers on Youtube Davehax brings us cool projects and hacks that will improve your life and impress your friends. Watch the full video tutorial.